Title: Therap Data Manager I/II
Wage Classification: Grade 13/14
Job Type: Full-time
Date of Preparation: 3/23/2022
Supervisor: Director of Operations
Summary Position Statement:
The Therap Data Manager I/II is responsible for administrative coordination and oversight for Therap which is the waiver user software and electronic record REACH utilizes for training management, Medicaid billing, and support modules for individuals with developmental disabilities. The Therap Data Manager will also be responsible for direct service provider (DSP) calendar management and medication programs for the agency. This position will have supervisory duties over one or more Quality Assurance (QA) Specialist(s), as well as will develop, and oversee accurate and efficient Medicaid waiver billing. This position will require running regular data analysis reports across the agency as assigned by the Executive Director, using data from Therap, financial records and/or human resource records. This position may also assist in identifying and implementing timekeeping software for the agency.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- 1. Serves as Provider Administrator for Therap: includes decision-making related to organization of information, systems of collecting and verifying accuracy, access privilege management and data collection methods.
- 2. Perform or supervise bi-weekly data checks, inputting of waiver service plans, and select modules approved by the ED, such as scheduling or medications. Set up all modules within Therap including service authorizations, utilization reports and individual support plan (ISP) inputs.
- 3. Supervise QA Specialist(s).
- 4. Improve Therap protocols as needed.
- 5. Generate data reports for management including monthly usage reports and annual budget reports.
- 6. Monitor for over or under usage of authorized waiver service hours and implement effective communication for directors to follow-up.
- 7. Liaises with accounting department on billing and payroll information generated by the Therap system.
- 8. Ensures billing documentation for the waiver department is timely and accurate from point of entry by DSPs to submission to accounting. Directs billing staff on all quality control, communications to waiver staff, and accuracy tests for waiver data.
- 9. Responsible for determining whether notes are billable or not.
- 10. Develop training materials for all Therap modules and other service-related software as needed by service staff such as basic excel use, scheduling, and note accuracy.
- 11. Assists as assigned with selection, implementation and training on new timesheet software.
- 12. Create data reports for program needs or agency audits as requested.
- 13. Coordinate implementation of new Therap modules and/or new software required by the State of Alaska such as electronic visit verification (EVV), as approved by the Executive Director. Oversee closing down of prior scheduling programs.
- 14. Liaise with waiver service directors to train managers and improve managers’ efficiency in using the software.
- 15. Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain and promote a positive professional working relationship with all employees
- Attend and participate in meetings, committees and trainings as assigned
- Participate and cooperate with site reviews and evaluations as required of the agency by federal, state or local contract or law
- Understand and comply with all agency policies and procedures
- Ensure confidentiality as prescribed by agency policy and federal/state law
- Know and follow the REACH Service Principles, Core Values and Mission Statement
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
This position has two (2) levels designed to provide progressively more responsible and independent work experiences. Progression between job levels is based on the demonstrated ability to successfully handle more progressively responsible assignments.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proficiency in the use of computers for software interface, word processing, and other applications.
- Proficiency in the use of Excel; strong ability to learn PowerPoint or other presentation software.
- Willingness and ability to learn the Medicaid system, Medicaid waivers, disability issues, benefits, programs and practices.
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of data is required to identify and evaluate a variety of factors.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, evaluate and present data and information effectively, within a prescribed time frame.
- Tech savvy and ability to problem solve user-interface issues such as password or login troubleshooting, privilege problems, missing data, etc.
- Ability to interpret and apply the laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, precedents and terminology to the workplace, the ambition to investigate the resources available and to master the applicable state regulations.
- Excellent professional software interface skills.
- Strong organization, documentation, and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel.
- Demonstrated experience pertaining to the appropriate handling of confidential and privileged information.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to handle multiple tasks and/or projects simultaneously.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Medicaid waivers, waiver billing and Medicaid systems
- Familiarity or working knowledge of Therap software systems
- Demonstrated experience analyzing data and applying data analysis to developing, implementing and managing business processes and improvements. Demonstrated knowledge and expertise contributing to or developing operational and training procedures and plans.
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrated application of applying laws and regulations in the workplace
- One year supervisory experience desired.
- One year experience working in an agency with people who experience a developmental disability desired.
Therap Data Manager I: Position requires an associate’s degree in a relevant field from an accredited institution (Intro to Computer Programming or Mathematics coursework preferred) and at least 1-2 years of directly related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience directly related to the position.
Therap Data Manager II: Position requires a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from an accredited institution (Intro to Computer Programming or Mathematics coursework preferred) and at least 2-4 years of directly related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience directly related to the position.
- Finger print and background check clearance required
- TB, First Aid/CPR certification may be required per current regulations
Physical Requirements: Ability to perform sedentary work. Visual acuity necessary to utilize a computer monitor throughout the course of a normal workday. Ability to perform repetitive keyboarding activities and operate general office equipment. Ability to communicate verbally, both in person and over the telephone. Heavy lifting may be required.
Working Conditions: Work is performed in an office setting.
This Position Description reflects the best efforts of REACH to describe the essential functions and qualifications of the job described. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities, or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude an opportunity for modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodation. This is not intended to be a contract. Your signature indicates you have read this Position Description and understand the essential functions and qualifications of the job.