The Human Resource Generalist is primarily responsible for maintaining an effective and creative enterprise recruitment program; responsible for onboarding new employees and assigning appropriate training, organizing effective orientation program, assisting with benefit enrollment; reporting on and controlling the accuracy of information in the human resource information system; and generally supporting the HR Director in the provision of professional-level HR services. This position will pursue and complete a SHRM certification as appropriate.
Essential Functions of the Position:
MAINTAIN AND UPDATE HUMAN RESOURCES INFORMATION SYSTEM AND FORMS
- Ensure accurate data is input and maintained in REACH Human Resources Information Systems and Employee Files
- Maintain accurate and updated employment forms, including job descriptions, personnel action forms, intake and employee relations forms, and separation documents
RECRUITMENT & ONBOARDING
- Act as primary administrator and operator of web-based recruitment system. This includes the requirements to serve as primary vendor contact; train hiring managers in recruitment processes; post positions; manage and distribute applicant pools; monitor pre-offer requirements; and develop and maintain supporting documentation
- Assure accurate and thorough disposition of applicants and tracking of EEO, ADA and other required applicant information
- Assist as necessary with all phases of the employee recruitment and onboarding process, including attendance at job fairs and other employment related community events
- Manage weekly updates to advertising
- Manage internal job board and posts all open positions to REACH website, State of Alaska jobs website, UAS job board, Craigslist, and all other effective and available mediums including unique recruitment sites in support of Affirmative Action goals. Places advertisements as requested by HR Director.
- Meet with all new hires to conduct required BCU background check, provide introduction to REACH, complete all employee files, I-9 check through E-Verify, assign required online training
Develop comprehensive training program for employees that is job specific.
- Assign required training at onboarding of new employees
- Provide training in conjunction with HR Director for DSPs, managers, supervisors and administration employees as required.
- Identify and communicate pertinent training opportunities at local, state and national levels
- Disseminate and promote training opportunities through postings, email, Therap splash pages, and other formats as appropriate
- Maintain training documentation in collaboration with the HR Director
Assist Senior HR Generalist as requested with the following benefits administration processes:
- Distribute all benefit enrollment materials during orientation/onboarding as determined eligibility
- Assist as requested with enrolling employees and processing life status changes
- Assist employees with benefit claim issues and plan changes
- Serve as primary point of contact with adjuster on workers compensation incidents; provide adjuster timely information as required for each incident; coach supervisors on the process for reporting workers comp-related incidents; track workers comp cases in HRIS
- Attend Safety Committee meetings as requested by Director
PREPARE HR REPORTS
- Track the performance evaluation process to ensure that supervisors receive notification, and that evaluations are being conducted in a timely manner.
- Track and notifies supervisors of upcoming certification and licensure renewals required for their assigned staff.
- Track and notify supervisors of upcoming TB expirations.
- Follow up regularly with supervisors regarding missing documentation.
- Assist HR Director with required annual reports, including EEO, Veteran’s, OSHA, ADA, etc. as requested
- Provide other reports as requested by departments/supervisors with approval from HR Director
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists managers with Hiring Status & Notice of Wage Payments Forms; ensuring that appropriate signatures are obtained.
- Assists HR Director with various special projects as requested.
- Understand and ensure compliance with all agency policies and procedures.
- Enforce strict confidentiality as prescribed by agency policy and federal/state laws.
- Maintain and promotes a positive professional working relationship with all employees.
- Attend and participate in meetings, committees and trainings as assigned.
- TB clearance and criminal background check clearance required.
Minimum Education: College degree (AA/BA) preferred
Minimum Experience: TWO years Human Resources experience or advanced education in Human Resources discipline required. Experience can be substituted for the college degree requirement on a year-for-year basis.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of Human Resource laws, policies and practices
- Knowledge and expertise in performing basic clerical duties.
- Demonstrated knowledge and familiarity with database and/or HRIS systems.
- Proficiency and accuracy in the use of computers for word processing, spreadsheets and other applications.
- Strong organization, documentation, and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal & written communication skills and effective problem solving skills.
- Detail oriented with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
Physical Requirements: Ability to perform sedentary work. Visual acuity is necessary to utilize a computer monitor throughout the course of a normal workday. Ability to perform repetitive keyboarding activities and operate general office equipment and ability to communicate verbally, both in person and over the telephone required.
Working Conditions: Work is generally performed at the main REACH office, during normal Agency operating hours. However, due to the nature of the duties involved (specifically conducting reference checks, and attending Job Fairs, etc); occasional evening and or weekend work will be required. Driving is a requirement of this position.
This Position Description reflects the best efforts of REACH to describe the essential functions and qualifications of the job described. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities, or qualifications of the job.