Compensation: $19.00 - $21.38 DOE
- 12 paid holidays per year
- Personal Leave
- Dental and Vision insurance
Work Schedule: Varies based on facility
Under general supervision, performs a variety of custodial tasks, and leads other custodians in assigned work. Supervises the work of employees including assigning workloads and monitoring employee performance and maintains adequate supplies for daily needs of custodial staff.
Examples of Duties:
Read and understand the scopes of work for assigned custodial contracts.
- Convert scopes of work into weekly and periodic custodial task charts.
- Design weekly checklists to accompany custodial task charts.
- Maintain adequate supplies for the day-to-day needs of custodial staff, within the budget.
- Ensure proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
- Promote continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental policies.
- Hire, train, assign, supervise and discipline lead custodians and custodians to adequately maintain assigned custodial contracts, within the budget.
- Maintain hard floors at custodial contract sites by learning updated specialized methods, training custodial staff in the methods, and oversee the completion of these methods.
- Maintain carpeting at custodial contract sites by learning updated specialized methods, training custodial staff in these methods, and oversee the completion of these methods.
- Maintain quality of custodial services by doing regular inspections.
- Assure completion of custodial work by reassigning staff, approving overtime, and performing custodial duties when necessary.
- Collect, review, approved, and submit timesheets for custodial staff.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Maintain adequate custodial staff to meet custodial contract requirements.
- Train custodial staff in proper use of equipment and supplies.
- Training custodial staff in the proper procedures of completing assigned custodial tasks.
- Maintain workplace safety by keeping SDS books updated, providing safety trainings, check janitorial closets regularly, and checking custodial procedures regularly.
- Perform custodial staff evaluations after the first six months of employment and yearly thereafter.
- Promote and foster a cooperative work environment.
- Understand and comply with REACH policies and procedures.
- Ensure confidentiality as prescribed by agency policy, federal/state law, and applicable custodial contracts.
- Maintain and promote a positive professional working relationship with all employees, coworkers, security personnel, maintenance personnel, and building managers.
- Investigate customer satisfaction and report any issues to Custodial Services Manager.
- Attend and participate in meetings, committees and trainings as assigned.
- High School Diploma
- One year experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong organization, documentation, and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
Ability to perform moderately strenuous work. Visual acuity necessary to job functions throughout the course of a normal workday. Ability to communicate verbally, both in person and over the telephone. May involve moderate to heavy lifting as needed.