Title: Lead Custodian (part-time)
Compensation: $13.76+ depending on experience
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Generous Personal Leave
Position Summary: Performs custodial duties as assigned. Provides back up support to custodial manager and fills in during his/her absence.
Examples of Duties:
- Assumes custodial managers responsibilities in his/her absence.
- Comply with REACH Custodial contracts by performing a variety of tasks to maintain the cleanliness, appearance, safety and sanitation of sites to include clean restrooms, vacuum offices and hallways, clean glazing, and stripping and waxing floors.
- Comply with REACH Custodial contracts by performing a variety of landscaping tasks to include cutting and trimming grass, pulling weeks, edging, fertilizing, and aerating.
- Assist in maintaining a quality control program.
- Assist with scheduling custodial staff to adequately maintain custodial contracts with the budget.
- Read and understand the scopes of work for assigned custodial contracts.
- Assist with updating weekly cleaning charts, and weekly sign off sheets.
- Lead and assist with training custodians.
- Assist with keeping custodial closets clean, orderly, and properly stocked.
- Assist with maintaining custodial equipment in safe working condition, cleaned, and maintained.
- Assist with scheduling and complete cleaning as needed.
- Ensures confidentiality as prescribed by agency policy and federal/state law.
- Maintains and promotes a positive professional working relationship with all employees, coworkers, security personnel, maintenance personnel, and building managers.
- Addends and participates in meetings, committees, and trainings as assigned.
- Assist with safety trainings and custodial procedure trainings
- Assist with tracking custodial times worked, review and collect timesheets.
- Assist with collecting and redistributing laundry.
- Assist with updating and using the quality control program.
- Understand and comply with all REACH and Custodial policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One year of janitorial experience
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational, documentation, and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Effective problem-solving skills
Ability to perform moderately strenuous work. Visual acuity and full range of body motion including but not limited to bending, twisting, stooping, kneeling, reaching overhead, and walking on non-level surfaces. Actual work will be performed both indoors and outside in harsh weather conditions.
REACH, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, REACH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, and compensation and training.
This Position Description reflects the best efforts of REACH to describe the essential functions and qualifications of the job described. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities, or qualifications of the job. This Position Description is not intended to exclude an opportunity for modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodation. This is not intended to be a contract.