**** $1000.00 sign on bonus ****
Title: Job Coach Location:
FLSA Status: Hourly Program:
Effective date: 12/2021
11 Paid Holidays
Generous Personal Leave
Health, Dental, Vision, 401(K)
The Job Coach I position is responsible for providing a variety of supported employment services for assigned individuals who experience disabilities within his/her employment setting to ensure that he/she achieves the knowledge, skills and behaviors necessary for increasing independence, building positive work relationships, and success within the workplace.
- Incorporates REACH Inc.’s mission, core values, and service principles into daily interactions with staff, clients, and employers.
- Review current plan of care and other documents to become familiar with the needs and limitations of the assigned individuals to ensure appropriate accommodations are requested and effective coaching strategies are implemented.
- Become familiar with each assigned individual’s position description, employer work expectations, and relevant policies applicable procedures.
- Will comply with the individual’s employer’s dress code policies at all time while working in their worksite. In the event that the employer does not have a published dress code it will be assumed that business casual is the standard. Sandals and open-toed shoes are prohibited.
- Ensures confidentiality as prescribed by agency policy and federal/state law.
- Promote new learning skills, and help individuals attain the maximum level of independence by increasing productivity and helping develop strong work ethic (work tolerance, productivity, communication, transportation, dependability, self-care, etc.)
- Promotes and facilitates social integration between the individual we serve, their co-workers, and customers in collaboration with their supervisors/managers.
- Provides personal and career coaching as well as behavioral intervention for individuals we serve to enhance job performance and relationships with co-workers and customers.
- Maintains excellent communication with the individual’s supervisors, managers, and co-workers to support positive outcomes and to resolve performance problems or other issues in the workplace.
- Monitors the activity of the individuals we serve to productivity, completion of work assignments, and quality outcomes.
- Provides the individual we serve with individualized instruction to complete work skills using simple and repetitious training methods, and side by side modeling when necessary.
- Regularly meets with supervisor and employment specialist to discuss the individual’s progress and any training concerns.
- Will notifies supervisor and employment specialist immediately of any problems with the assigned individual or employers to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Works with and acts as a good example for the individuals we serve at all times.
- Confirm acceptance of each work schedule (and periodic schedule adjustments) provided by your supervisor, report to work as scheduled, and in the event that you are unable to report to work contact your supervisor with as much notice as possible before the start of a shift.
- Complete training requested by supervisor in a timely manner, and maintain current required certifications regarding supported employment/job coaching skills.
- Complete electronic notes service delivery notes using the Therap system that focus on job-related goals within 24 hour of the end of each shift.
- Makes sure the work environment is kept clean safe at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- For positions with the duty of transporting individuals, in your personal vehicle, or to request a mileage reimbursement the following additional requirements apply:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Driver license with at least 3 years driving experience
- Current DMV report
- Valid personal vehicle insurance
- 6 months experience (paid or unpaid) providing direct care services for people with developmental disabilities.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Moderate computer skills
- Ability to take initiative
- Ability to learn and incorporate new knowledge and skills into daily work
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including early morning, nights, and weekends
This position will work in multiple indoor and outdoor environments and requires a full range of motion including but not limited to standing, walking on uneven surfaces, bending, twisting, stooping, lifting objects weighing up to 50lbs, and physically assisting another person in doing the same. This position will require visual abilities and physical dexterity to use a computer, communicate verbally in person and via the telephone, and may require the physical abilities to drive a vehicle.
Conditions of Employment
- Must pass an initial State of Alaska background check and maintain authorization to work throughout employment with REACH.
- Achieve First Aid/CPR certification within 30 days of employment and maintain certification throughout employment.
- Complete a TB screening within 30 days and maintain annually thereafter.
- If this position is responsible for safely transporting individuals, using your personal vehicle, or to receive mileage reimbursements there are addition requirements.
REACH, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse and inclusive workforce. All employment practices are based on qualification and merit, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, marital status or spousal affiliation, physical or mental disability, medical conditions, pregnancy, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or citizenship within the limits imposed by federal laws and regulations. REACH is also committed to making our workplace accessible to individuals with disabilities and will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, for individuals to participate in the application and hiring process. To request such an accommodation, please send an email to hr@ reachak.org or call (907) 586-8228
This Position Description reflects the best efforts of REACH to describe the essential functions and qualifications of the job described. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities, or qualifications of the job. This Position Description is not intended to exclude an opportunity for modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodation. Your signature indicates you have read this Position Description and understand the essential functions and qualifications of the job.