The Human Resource Generalist is primarily responsible for maintaining an effective and creative enterprise recruitment program; providing employee relations assistance, coordinating benefit enrollment; reporting on and controlling the accuracy of information in the human resource information system; and generally supporting the HR Director in the provision of professional-level HR services. This position will pursue and complete a SHRM certification as appropriate.
Essential Functions of the Position:
MAINTAIN AND UPDATE HUMAN RESOURCES MANUALS AND POLICIES
- Maintain Employee Manual, updating as requested by Director, and distributing to employees as needed
- Maintain availability for all employment forms, including job descriptions, personnel action forms, intake and employee relations forms, and separation documentation
- Act as primary administrator and operator of web-based recruitment system. This includes the requirements to serve as primary vendor contact; train hiring managers in recruitment processes; post positions; manage and distribute applicant pools; monitor pre-offer requirements; and develop and maintain supporting documentation
- Assures accurate and thorough disposition of applicants and tracking of EEO, ADA and other required applicant information
RECRUITMENT & ONBOARDING
- Assist as necessary with all phases of the employee recruitment and onboarding process, including attendance at job fairs and other employment related community events.
- Manage weekly updates to advertising
- Manages internal job board and posts all open positions to REACH website, Alexsys, UAS job board, Craigslist, and all other effective and available mediums including unique recruitment sites in support of Affirmative Action goals. Places advertisements as requested by HR Director.
Assists with the following benefits administration processes:
- Distribute all benefit enrollment materials and determine eligibility.
- Enroll employees and process life status changes.
- Ensure accuracy of all benefit enrollments in provider and HRIS databases
- Update provider database with new and changing benefit information
- Assist employees regarding benefit claim issues and plan changes
- Respond to benefit inquiries from managers and employees on plan provisions, benefit enrollment, status changes and other general inquiries.
- Manage open enrollment process
- Provide COBRA notices as necessary
- Provide end of year census reports for providers
- Serve as primary point of contact with adjuster on workers compensation incidents; provide adjuster timely information as required for each incident; coach supervisors on the process for reporting workers comp-related incidents; track workers comp cases in HRIS
- Serve as primary point of contact for FMLA issues; track FMLA leave in HRIS; coach supervisors and staff on FMLA entitlements, the process and reasons for tracking FMLA leave, and on steps to take after FMLA benefit expires
- Provide general consultation to supervisors on performance and absence management topics
PREPARE HR REPORTS
- Track the performance evaluation process to ensure that supervisors receive notification, and that evaluations are being conducted in a timely manner.
- Track and notifies supervisors of upcoming certification and licensure renewals required for their assigned staff.
- Track and notify supervisors of upcoming TB expirations.
- Follow up regularly with supervisors regarding missing documentation.
- Assist with required annual reports, including EEO, Veteran’s, OSHA, ADA, etc. as requested
- Provide other reports as requested by departments/supervisors.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in conducting employer and personal reference checks as requested by hiring supervisor(s).
- Assists with the preparation of Agency Hiring Status & Notice of Wage Payments Forms; ensuring that appropriate signatures are obtained.
- Assists HR Director with various special projects as requested.
- Coordinate mileage check process to ensure compliance with company policy.
- Understand and ensure compliance with all agency policies and procedures.
- Enforce strict confidentiality as prescribed by agency policy and federal/state laws.
- Assist HR Director with trainings and workshops
- Maintain and promotes a positive professional working relationship with all employees.
- Attend and participate in meetings, committees and trainings as assigned.
- TB clearance and criminal background check clearance required.
Minimum Education: High School Diploma; College degree (AA/BA) preferred
Minimum Experience: TWO years Human Resources experience or advanced education in Human Resources discipline required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge and expertise in performing basic clerical duties.
- Demonstrated knowledge and familiarity with database and/or HRIS systems.
- Proficiency and accuracy in the use of computers for word processing, spreadsheets and other applications.
- Strong organization, documentation, and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal & written communication skills and effective problem solving skills.
- Detail oriented with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
Physical Requirements: Ability to perform sedentary work. Visual acuity is necessary to utilize a computer monitor throughout the course of a normal workday. Ability to perform repetitive keyboarding activities and operate general office equipment and ability to communicate verbally, both in person and over the telephone required.
Working Conditions: Work is generally performed at the main REACH office, during normal Agency operating hours. However, due to the nature of the duties involved (specifically conducting reference checks, and attending Job Fairs, etc); occasional evening and or weekend work will be required. Driving is a requirement of this position.
This Position Description reflects the best efforts of REACH to describe the essential functions and qualifications of the job described. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities, or qualifications of the job.